Nowadays, there is a widespread debate about the influence of the Internet upon people's life. Undoubtedly, there are both advantages and disadvantages in the Internet.
Generally speaking, it is widely believed there are two major positive aspects of the Internet as follows. Firstly, the Internet has provided us with easy access to the necessary information and materials we want for living, learning and entertament. And secondly, the Internet has promoted greatly the efficiency of our daily affairs such as shopping and communicating, saving us a lot of time, energy and money.
However, as a popular saying goes, every coin has two sides, and the Internet is no exception. The negative aspects of the Internet are also quite apparent. To begin with, the comfort and convenience we get from the Internet is gradually making us lazy and depend too much on it. In addition, the Internet is a fertile soil where many dishonest people are born and grow.
To sum up, we should try to bring the advantages of the Internet into full play, and reduce the disadvantages to the minimum at the same time. In that case, We will definitely make a better use of the Internet .
The issue of the role of advertising in our lives is a very controversial one. Some people think that advertising encourages us to buy things that we really do not need, because they claim that advertisements have the power to influence on our purchasing behavior. Nevertheless, my point of view is that advertisements are incredible source of information about new products that may improve our lives.
First of all, these advertisements can help us to choose things easier and also save our time. For example, as a result of such an advertisement, a few years ago I bought very useful tool to lose my weight. The only thing that I needed to do was to attach it to any problem area of my body for twenty minutes a day. Thus I did not to have do heavy exercises to lose my weight. The additional advantage was that this tool also helped me save time for my favorite activities.
The second reason is that quite often advertisements tell us about new products that can save our money. Again as a result of such an advertisement I bought some special micro fiber cloths, which could help me to clean my apartment only by using water. Thanks to its specific characteristics and possibility of long-time usage, I do not need to buy any more different kinds of liquids or powders for house cleans. Therefore the advertisement of this kind of cloth saved my money.
Last but not least advertisements can tell us about new products, which bring us new ways to cook healthier food. For instance, after watching a television advertisement, a friend of mine bought a special pot, with which she can prepare meat and vegetables without using any water or oil. This pot uses only the natural hot steam to cook. Thus it helps to keep more vitamins and minerals in the food, and get rid of the fat.
In conclusion, advertisements of new products definitely improve our life, because they tell us about things that make our life easier, save our time and money, and even cook our food better.
1.offer a sense of job satisfaction andsecurity 帶來工作的滿意感和安全感
2. lay a solid professional working experience 積累扎實的工作經驗
3. reduce/cut down expenditure 削減支出
4. increase/generate job opportunities 創造就業機會
5. meet/satisfy personalized needs 滿足人性化的需求
6. promote talent introduction and exchange 促進人才的引進與交流
7. keep skills fresh and up-to-date 保證技術的不落伍
8. better/promote/enhance/further human resource development 完善人力資源的發展
9. lay a solid foundation for 奠定堅實的基礎
10. pave the way for the future/development 為未來鋪平了道路
1. put sb or sth at risk 使……冒風險
2. be a serious setback for the career development對職業發展是一個嚴重的挫折
3. be lack of a sense of job security 缺乏工作的安全感
4. distract sb from doing sth 是某人從某事中分心
5. impose a heave strain on 帶來巨大的壓力
6. be exaggerated and cheating 夸大且欺騙的
7. be the invasion of privacy 侵犯隱私
8. violate rights of free speech侵犯言論自由的權利
9. endanger social stability and safety 危害到社會的穩定與安全
10. restrain sb from doing 限制某人做某事